Commitment To Privacy
At Calgary Dental Placement Service ("CDPS") we respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. We recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable data you share with us. We manage your personal information in accordance with Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws. This policy outlines the principles and practices we follow in protecting your personal information. The policy also applies to any person providing services on our behalf.
What is personal information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. This includes an individual’s name, home address and phone number, an identifying number, financial information, educational and employment history, etc.
Why do we collect personal information and how do we use and disclose your personal information?
CDPS will collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to attempt to place you in a temporary or permanent employment position with our Dental Office clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, we will take a number of steps, typically including but not necessarily limited to:
- Obtaining your contact information, resume and references;
- Interviewing you;
- Interviewing your references;
- Verifying information and performing other searches and checks;
- Evaluating all information about you to analyse your suitability to potential positions and placements and to analyse the suitability of potential positions and placements to you
- Disclosing any information about you as provided by you, by your references and by other sources to any present or future client of CDPS who, based on your qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of CDPS, has or may have a position to which you are or may be suited; and
- Follow up with you and our clients to determine satisfaction with the placement
CDPS does not sell your personal information. However we may share your information as permitted or required by law. Having agreed to use our services and providing us with your personal information, your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified in this Policy is implied.
What personal information do we collect?
In order to serve you and our clients we require certain information about you. We will obtain some of this information from you, and will obtain other information from external sources. We require the following information from you:
- Your contact information (full name, address, phone number, email address);
- Your resume;
- Details regarding your education and permit to practice if not supplied in your resume;
- Reference contact details; and
- Your available dates including any comments regarding the potential placement.
Our Web Site / The Internet
CDPS may disclose your information as permitted or required to by law; for example:
- to a government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information;
- where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity;
- to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information;
- to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information; and to our legal counsel.
How do we safeguard personal information?
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that client information is accurate and complete. We rely on our clients to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with our organization. If you are aware of an error in our information about you, please let us know and we will be pleased to make the appropriate modifications. In some cases we may ask for a written request for correction. We protect client personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity of the information. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information. We use appropriate security measures when destroying client personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records. We retain client personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or for legal or business purposes. How long do we retain personal information? In order for you to be considered for numerous potential placements contact information is retained indefinitely. Resumes and reference contacts are retained for 3 months after the date submitted by you. We retain information regarding temporary placement dates for 10 years from the date of employment.
How can you access your personal information?
You may at any time submit a written request for access to your personal information in our possession and under our control. Upon payment of an administration fee, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we have about you on our file to the extent provided by law.
What you can do if you have Questions or Complaints?
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use or disclosure of personal information by Calgary Dental Placement Service, or about a request for access to your own personal information, please contact:
- Michelle Schwab, President
- Calgary Dental Placement Service
- 12 Hamptons Place NW
- Calgary, AB T3A 6B8
- Phone: 403-239-6291
- Fax: 403-239-8825
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you should contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta:
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Calgary)
- Suite 2460, 801 6 Avenue SW
- Calgary AB, T2P 3W2
- Phone: 403-297-2728
- Fax: 403-297-2711
- Toll Free: 1-888-878-4044
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web site: www.oipc.ab.ca
This privacy statement may be revised from time to time. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should contact us as described above or check back at our website periodically to obtain a current copy of this statement. This privacy statement is effective as of September 1st, 2007.